Please ensure you are aware of the following prior to booking:
- High demand is likely, we request that you do not phone to book, we will not be able to bypass the website and book your child on. If you have problems with your account we will do our best to assist via the phone but we are a small team so we may not be able to answer as quickly as we would like.
- Until the 16th of June, we are limiting each child to one booking, the website will not allow you to book more than one Activity Week in one go until this time. This is to ensure as many people can get the preferred activity and week. If you place multiple bookings your first booking placed will be confirmed, all others will be cancelled and refunded.
- Prior to booking you should set-up and log-in to your child’s/childrens account. That will enable us to manage bookings correctly and ensure we don’t inadvertently cancel a booking you made for a separate child in the same account.
- If you have a voucher from a cancelled 2020 week that you wish to use you should book, and pay, for the week via the website. After booking please send your voucher to email@example.com, after checking it your payment will be refunded.
- Morning weeks Windsurfing are targeted towards beginners, those that haven’t been windsurfing much before. As a guide, less than 10 hours would put your child in the beginner group more than 10 and you should book the afternoon. This will enable the sessions to run much smoother, giving more time to those just starting out.
- Afternoon weeks Kayaking are targeted towards the more advanced kayakers, those that have been to a number of weeks, have good directional control of the boat and are capable of the longer paddling sessions as we will be looking to venture further afield with them.
- If a week shows “No Availability”, you can add yourself to the waiting list for it. It may be that bookings move around and spaces open up after the initial wave of bookings are made.
- You will receive an email confirming your booking but if you are unsure if a booking has been successful please check your orders page in your account: https://www.dswc.org/my-account/orders/
If the status shows processing or completed, your order has been received; if it is failed, or cancelled then it has been unsuccessful and you should re-book. The most common reason for a failed order is that the postcode entered doesn’t match the one on the bank account. Please check this before anything else!
All weeks run from Monday to Thursday on the following dates:
Week 1: 19th – 22nd July
Week 2: 26th – 29th July
Week 3: 2nd – 5th August
Week 4: 9th – 12th August
Week 5: 16th – 19th August
Week 6: 23rd – 26th August
Sailing – Afternoons 1pm-4pm
Sailing is a great sport to get involved in, it is great fun and exciting.
The sailing takes place in the afternoons only and caters for all levels of ability.
Kayaking – Mornings 9:30am-12:30pm, Afternoons 1pm-4pm
Our paddling sessions cover both kayaking and canoeing, with one of our BCU instructors teaching you all you need to know about starting paddlesports, along with plenty of fun games.
The morning sessions cater for everybody; the afternoons are targeted toward the more proficient paddlers.
Windsurfing – Mornings 10am-12:30pm, Afternoons 1pm-4pm
Our RYA instructors will teach you all you need to know about the sport, along with plenty of fun games and even some free-style!
The morning sessions are targeted toward beginners, those that have never done it before or have done less than roughly 10 hours; the afternoons are for those with more.